Sunday, May 10, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to me! It sounds silly I guess, but I've waited a long time to celebrate Mother's Day. I guess it's because I've just always wanted to be a mother, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I finally am one and get to celebrate that dream come true.

The day was wonderful! It got off to a rocky start (I barely slept at all that night) so I took a long bath (which I have not done in months!) and then Ken made me one of my favorite breakfasts - pancakes with bananas and whipped cream on top with some delicious coffee! Ken had a nice table set up with flowers that he and Elizabeth each got me, a huge balloon, and some wonderful things he made.


Ken took one of my favorite photos with Elizabeth from Easter and framed it with Elizabeth's hand prints on the other side. She even signed it! ;-) I LOVED this and it will be something I treasure forever.


Elizabeth is apparently a good shopper already, because she also got me a small bunch of pretty flowers AND gave me a card AND put one of her photos in an "I Love My Mommy" frame for me! What a sweet girl I have. And so cute!

We finished off the night with dinner with family at my mom's house. What a great day! Hope all you mommies out there had an equally wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: