Shortly after we got home, while he was letting the dogs out, I took a test. As I saw the result on the stick, I gasped and smiled in the mirror at myself and tried to pick my jaw up off the floor. Then I started crying.
I quickly composed myself, as I was in the bathroom putting the final touches of makeup on because we were getting ready to leave the house to go to dinner and see Jesus Christ Superstar with my parents. I quickly came up with a plan of how I could surprise him and tell him the news.
I placed the positive test just inside my waistline, as I wasn't wearing anything with pockets. I came out of the bathroom and put my arms out for Ken to give me a hug. He came to hug me (he loves my hugs) and I told him that I was sorry that I didn't get him a Father's Day card, because he has two cute, furry children that he takes great care of. He told me that it was okay and that he would rather have one from his child when we have one. So, I whipped out the positive stick and said that he'll be getting his wish next year!
Then I cried hysterically for a minute in his arms. :)
We could not stop smiling at each other and hugging. Of course, now we had to leave the house to go meet my parents! I wanted so bad to tell them (I'm not good at keeping things in!), but we decided to wait until we could take another test after we got home to be a little more sure.
I took another one when we got home and it was again positive!
So, there you have it. I am pregnant. How wonderful that feels to say. I have my first prenatal appointment next week. We are so excited and can't wait to share with everyone! What a rollercoaster ride this is going to be. I decided it was time to put my blog to use.
No comments:
Post a Comment