What a wonderful day!
5 weeks, 4 days. Today was my first doctor appointment. I was so excited to get a sonogram and see the baby! Yes, I know what you're thinking. "Isn't it a bit early for a sonogram?" That's what I thought, but apparently it's fairly common nowadays.
The picture to the left is our beloved baby. Well, at the moment it's our "yolk sac", but in a few days it's will be rapidly changing and really beginning to form in the coming weeks. It has been so amazing to read about all the changes happening right now! The neural tube is forming and will develop into the brain and spinal cord. Blood cells are beginning to emerge from the yolk sac, and cells begin to form two heart tubes that will soon connect with the rudimentary circulatory system.
My doctor is having me come in again next week for another sonogram so that we can see fetal rods and see the heartbeating! I simply cannot wait. I am unable to put into words how amazing it feels to feel like you're finally doing what God put you on earth to do. Ken and I are so thrilled to be starting a family together!
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you two!! That is such exciting news! Go and buy the book "Pregnancy week by week" if you do not already have it... It is the best book! We read a new chapter each week on the same day like every wednesday to see what was happening in my tummy... It was a lot of fun since everything is so little in the beginning. Wonderful bonding experience between Dan and I and the baby! Can't wait to hear all about it on the blog. Take care of yourself and don't forget the vitamens especially the Folic Acid!! Love ya guys!! - Aimee
We'll tell us more!! How did you doctor's visit go?? Did you see the heartbeat flicker on the screen?
Haha! I am JUST writing it now! I was waiting to get the new photo scanned.
And thanks for the book suggestion. I did go out and buy it and think it's great! I have a few other good books too, so I think I am done buying reading materials. Hehe.
Post coming shortly!
Post a Comment