Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Heartbeat of Joy

6 weeks, 5 days. I had my second doctor visit on Thursday, July 3. I was finally able to see the heartbeat, and let me tell you I have never been so relieved. I hugged the monitor.

My doctor scared me to death the day before by calling (finally) with my blood results. She thought my hormone levels were a little low and non-chalantly said that I could have miscarried. Uhh... hello? Yes, she is a bit blunt and thinks it's her job to "prepare me", but I thought that was a bit much. I told her never to do that again to me! I had to work the rest of the day upset and crying, thinking the worst. Not the best scenerio.

So, I was elated to see the heartbeat!!! You can kind of see a slightly different shaped "pod" this time and a small white spot where the heart was beating. Now I can't wait to hear it!

Week 6 & 7: Arm and leg buds are being formed. The baby's jaw, cheeks and chin are being formed. Small black dots on the face will form eyes. Kidneys, liver and lungs take shape and the tiny heart is beating around 80 beats her minute! The baby is about the size of a blueberry.

2 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

Have you been back to the doctor's?? How are you doing? How are you feeling? Morning sickness? Nauseated?? Share the details...

Mountain Momma said...

BLOG!! BLOG!! What's going on??