
9 weeks. This doctor visit was supposed to be only for blood work, but it was for everything except! My doctor ended up asking me lots of questions (which had been neglected from the 2 previous visits) and then wisked me into have yet another ultrasound. I was not expecting it, I was thrilled. I'd do anything to see my baby on the big screen. :)
So, this time I got to see a baby that actually looked like a baby! It was no longer a "pod", but our baby was growing fast and taking shape. The photo is not the best unfortunately, so you'll have to look really hard. The heart was beating wildly, and I could not have been happier! Well, until my doctor gave me the news.......
She was dropping me. Nice. She said she no longer will do any "high risk" deliveries, and she is actually getting out of the baby business altogether. [I am automatically considered high risk because of my weight and being hypothyroid.] I had been with her for 4 years, so I was a bit disappointed as I had grown to like her and felt very comfortable with her. So, she referred me to another doctor.
I have had nausea every day now for most of the day. No vomiting though, thankfully. Also very tired.
Week 8: Looking less reptilian and more human, lips, eyelids, legs and back continue to take shape. The heart is beating at the rate of 150 beats per minute!
Week 9: Official graduate from embryo to fetus! Approximately an inch long and the size of a green olive. It's possible to hear the heartbeat with a doppler.
So, this time I got to see a baby that actually looked like a baby! It was no longer a "pod", but our baby was growing fast and taking shape. The photo is not the best unfortunately, so you'll have to look really hard. The heart was beating wildly, and I could not have been happier! Well, until my doctor gave me the news.......
She was dropping me. Nice. She said she no longer will do any "high risk" deliveries, and she is actually getting out of the baby business altogether. [I am automatically considered high risk because of my weight and being hypothyroid.] I had been with her for 4 years, so I was a bit disappointed as I had grown to like her and felt very comfortable with her. So, she referred me to another doctor.
I have had nausea every day now for most of the day. No vomiting though, thankfully. Also very tired.
Week 8: Looking less reptilian and more human, lips, eyelids, legs and back continue to take shape. The heart is beating at the rate of 150 beats per minute!
Week 9: Official graduate from embryo to fetus! Approximately an inch long and the size of a green olive. It's possible to hear the heartbeat with a doppler.
No comments:
Post a Comment