She is doing so wonderfully! She just had her hearing test and passed in 2 minutes - the best of any other babies today we were told! So, we are now expecting only great things from her for the rest of her life, of course. The pediatrician has also seen her already and has given her permission to be discharged as soon as I get to be. Awesome! We are working very hard at breastfeeding though, as she is having a little trouble with it. My lactation nurse thinks that she is "tongue-tied", meaning that she little piece of skin under her tongue is not allowing her to extend it far enough to feed easily. So, we're working through that!
As for me, I am doing as well as can be expected I guess. I have only been able to sleep about 1 hour in the last 54 hours so I am pretty much extremely exhausted! I am also a bit sore, as I had an episiotomy and another small tear, but that's getting better. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep soon! We are hoping to go home in the morning.
Thank you to everyone who has called, sent us messages, and come by to see us! We feel so thankful for all the love and support!
I will post more (and better) photos as soon as I can. I barely have a minute, as it's Grand Central Station around here! :)
3 comments:
awe... What a cutie!
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see her in person!!!
Love you mucho!! Congrats mama!! Keep going with the BF.. I promise it gets easier for both!! :)
Beautiful baby there...
We had one that was tongue-tied and it was a simple procedure to correct it. She has grown into a fine young lady...
Hope you are doing well... CONGRATS!
Post a Comment