On Wednesday afternoon I went to my First Trimester Screening. I guess I was confused, because I didn't realize I was having another ultrasound. Not only was I able to see the heartbeating, I got to hear it! I could not help but to cry. I am constantly amazed by this growing baby inside of me. It was also so amazing to see the baby and all the details of hands, fingers, legs, and a little body! Of course, he or she looks a bit alien-like in the face right now, but we're hoping that will
change. ;-) I am posting 2 of the sonogram photos. If you click on them, you can see the larger image. The first one shows the baby laying on his/her back, head on the left side, then body, then out-stretched legs. The second one shows the face (on left) staring straight at you, and you can see the hand raised up next to the head with all the fingers waving! Amazing!I can't wait to see things progress and see even more detail as our baby grows. I'll continue to show photos and maybe even get an audio or video clip next time!
The rest of the visit was more blood work, but this time for birth defect probabilities. I go back in 4 weeks for more bloodwork, then a week later they will tell me if our chances are high or low.
And for those of you taking the poll (on the right) of what you think we are having, a boy or girl, the heartbeat was at 158 BPM, if that helps. So far 10 people have voted and we have a tie, 5-5. Ken and I plan on finding out the sex of the baby, which should be in another 5-6 weeks!
1 comment:
Yay for heartbeats and teddy bear/alien looking babies. :) ~Andrea
Post a Comment