Today I had my follow-up appointment with the Cardiologist from when I was in the hospital just before Christmas. I was there for almost 3 hours! Apparently they had to admit 2 people who were having major heart problems, so it backed us up in the waiting room. Once I got in, they did an EKG on me, which came back good. Everything else was fine, so she suggested that I come back in a couple of months after I have the baby (and before I might get pregnant again) to have an invasive procedure done, where they will put a line in through my groin area (fun, huh!) to see if I have an abnormal valve, or something to that extent. It requires a night in the hospital. If I do, then they can treat it and hopefully I won't have anymore episodes. If I don't, then we might be able to safely chalk it up to a bad reaction to MSG & caffeine, along with the toll of pregnancy on my body. We shall see!
If you'd like more info about what I was diagnosed with, it's called SVT, or Supraventricular tachycardia.
No comments:
Post a Comment