Friday, January 16, 2009

The Nursery is Done!

Yay! I have finally completed putting together the nursery and could not be happier! Of course, I still need to find homes for some of her things we got at my shower, but I'll have to figure that out later. Here are some photos! (FYI: My wall colors are a bit off in the photos, even though I tried to adjust them. The walls are a bright limey green color, matching the green in the bed linens.)
I made her letters myself! I bought pre-cut letters and painted them pink, then glued on matching paisley and striped scrapbook paper and some embellishments. So cute!
Chest/storage unit. Great for all her books and a CD player/iPod Docking station (yes, she's hip already!) and lamp on top. Plus a couple more drawers. And I love the pink hanging organizer. Will also come in handy with such a small room!
Changing table/dresser, hamper, and crib. Diaper genie is hiding behind the changing table. I found the perfect size baskets at Old Time Pottery for $6! And when I no longer need the changing table, I can take the pad off and just use it as her dresser.
Her crib. I fell in love with the paisley pattern and had to have it! I just love pink and green.
I made the frames above her crib the same way I made her letters, wood, scrapbook paper and glue. Then I bought a couple different ribbons, glued one on top of the other, then stapled them to the wood and wah-la! After she's born, I will be replacing the photos of from her ultrasound with actual photos of her of course!
The bear was a gift from my husband last Valentine's Day. This was the best place for it! Good snuggling partner too for those nights I'll be sleeping in here. ;-)
The glider/rocker my sister-in-law gave me, which I began reupholstering. I completed the ottoman, but never finished sewing the top cushions. I just layed them there for now. Haha.
I can't wait for her to be here and see her in her beautiful room!

No comments: